|At the top of Mt Rigi|
|Lucerne, we had to take a ferry to get there|
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup chocolate chips
1. In a small saucepan, heat peanut butter, sugar, EVOO, water and maple syrup until all well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, mix rolled oats, cocoa, cinnamon and salt.
3. Incorporate mix ingredients to dry ones.
4. Pour mixture on an oiled cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 275F for 30 minutes.
6. Mix in dried cranberries and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
7. Once granola cooled off completely, add in chocolate chips.
|Out of the oven... after it was cooled off!|
Overall, I really like my granola.. but it's also pretty sweet, especially with my dried cranberries and chocolate chips. So, unless you like it really sweet, I'd cut down a little on the sugar!