Sunday 26 August 2012

zucchini bread

Here is the final installment of my zucchini posts. I finally finished all the grated zucchini today. Oddly enough, it feels like such a great accomplishment. I realized that I should have weighed it rather than taking a picture in comparison to the iPod classic. Ah well!

twin zucchini bread loaves

So between the zucchini bread or brownie, I thought I'd pick the healthier option. The brownie recipe I found a couple of days ago did look amazing, but this one was different. I made its pancake version and loved it, so I needed to try to make the original. I was quite surprise how much water came out of these shredded zucchinis. I needed to take a cloth and squeeze out the excess water, leaving me with lesser zucchini than I started with. At least now it's over!

Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread adapted from various sources
Ingredients
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup EVOO
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini, drained
3 cups flour
3 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven at 350F
2. Line two 8X4 inch loaf pans with parchment paper (or you can always grease and flour them as well).
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with EVOO and sugar. Once all well combined, stir in zucchini and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. Stir them into the wet ingredients.
5. Bake for approximately 60 minutes.

 If you don't like making a loaf, you can always opt to use a muffin pan. This should yield around 2 dozens.

No comments:

Post a Comment