Wednesday 25 July 2012

early morning oatmeal

An early start today with freshly baked cookies :) The girls are coming over to finalizing our trip planning, so why not take this opportunity to bake? I cheated though.. I prepared the dough last night and just rolls them into balls and popped them in the oven. It made it so much easier (and a lot less dish washing in the morning). While making the dough last night, I realized how thankful I am having a stand mixer at home. Although I don't use it to make muffins, I don't think I'd bake as much if I didn't have one. It just makes the whole baking process sooooo much easier (and they also come in awesome colours too..).

Fresh out of the oven by 8 AM
I've always had a soft spot for oatmeal. I went into an odd oatmeal phase during CA school, especially for overnight oatmeal. I was pretty hyped about using chia seeds (the same one for the chia pets!), but I thought it was a little weird to eat porridge cold. Anyways, because of that, I bought a lot of oatmeal, a bag of around 1.5 kg. Actually, it was an oatmeal mix with flax seeds and wheat germs in it. I thought it'd have a more noticeable impact on the cookie's taste and texture, but I couldn't really tell... maybe Mike would. It does have quite a bit of sugar in it though, so that might mask its taste!



A Cup of Oatmeal Cookies
These oatmeal cookies have dried raisins, but this could also easily be substituted by craisins or dried blueberries! I tried both in the past and the taste was almost the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment