|Courgette vs iPod Classic|
Zucchini Bread Pancakes adapted from smitten kitchen
3 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla
9 oz of shredded & drained zucchini
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Combine milk and lemon juice. Let it rest for 10 mins. If you have butter milk, just use 1/4 cup of butter milk with an additional 1/4 cup of milk and omit the lemon juice.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together.
3. Mix egg, EVOO, sugars, milk mixture and vanilla.
4. Stir zucchini into wet ingredients. Once well combined, add dry ingredients.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet. Add a tsp of oil and coat the pan. Add approximately 1/2 cup of batter per pancake. Cook until surface is filled with little bubbles. Flip and wait until golden.
They are best eaten hot and fresh, with genuine maple syrup. More courgette posts to come... :)