I'm really happy how they turned out nice and buttery with a hint of cinnamon. I think I did neglect the cinnamon/sugar ratio so that alter the taste slightly. My picture is actually using a mini tea set.. My cookies are clearly smaller than that. They're roughly the same size as my previous ones from July. This recipe originally called for "cream of tartar", but unfortunately that's something that I never use in my household, so I substituted it with baking powder. Nevertheless, they are delicious and are disappearing very quickly at my home!
Snickerdoodles adapted from Faye's recipe
Yields around 28 cookies
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream butter and sugar (1 1/4 cups) together with an electric mixer. Once well combined and appears light, add in eggs one at a time as well as vanilla extract.
3. Add dry ingredients gradually into wet mixture until it forms a uniform dough.
4. Chill dough for an hour or more. This step will help roll your dough into balls more easily. (I actually went to do some chores and left it for 3 hours, but an hour should suffice)
5. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. This will serve to coat your dough, like below. Leave around an inch and a half between each cookie as they will flatten.
6. Preheat oven at 350F
7. Bake for roughly 10-15 minutes.
|Ready to go in the oven!|