Sunday 9 September 2012

banana applesauce muffins

Bananas would be a staple in my diet if we had any at home at all times. It just goes well for anything, especially with oatmeal since it acts as a sweetener. It starts my mornings on the right foot, but is a hot commodity in my house. Whenever we have any laying around, they don't stay that way. They can disappear in a day or two. That's just how much we love them. I was lucky to have three overripe bananas laying around so I decided to make banana muffins!

Breakfast!
Unfortunately, I did not have enough with my three small ripe bananas, but I decided to compensate with some applesauce. It still turned out really banana-y (if that is even a word). You can't really taste the applesauce, but I think it did contribute to making this muffin very soft, maybe a little too much for a muffin. I think the batter would have been better for a cake. It still makes a yummy breakfast!

Banana Applesauce Muffins adapted from Allrecipes
Yields 12 muffins*
3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven at 375F, line 12 muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
2. Mix bananas with egg and sugar until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
4. Add in melted butter and fold in dry ingredients into banana mixture.
5. Scoop batter into muffin pan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.

trouvez l'intrus!
*I only got 11 muffins with this recipe, but I think it's because I put too much batter in each muffin tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment