Thursday 19 July 2012

pancake madness

I've always had a sweet tooth when it comes to meals, including breakfast. One of my favorites to eat in the morning would have to be pancakes. They are so fluffy and light! And when they are soaked in maple syrup.. ahh so yummy! Who can say no to pancakes?! Definitely not Jan Di from Boys Over Flowers (go to 1:19 to see what I'm talking about)!
Can you spot them?
Anyhow, even though I love pancakes very much, I have always had a problem when coming to making them. It has always been a challenge. I'm not sure if it's the amount of batter I'm putting on the skillet or my actual recipe. I really can't tell! You can see a few burnt pancakes in my pile of pancakes. Actually, I think some of them burnt because I was drinking a glass of OJ while they were on the stove... I guess I was slightly distracted. However, most of them turned out pretty nice! And on top of that we have blueberries at home.. <3



Here was my pre-lunch or dessert for today :) as well as my breakfast tomorrow! Popping them in the microwave will be a must. They won't be as fresh tomorrow, but I won't complain! Once again, the recipe in this case is... pretty hard to write out with correct portions.. I had to look and guesstimate the quantities, but here is the base that I worked from!

Plain old Pancakes
Ingredients
1 1/3 cups flour
1/6 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/6 cup oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups milk (This one is the tricky one! You'll need to add more.. until the batter looks to your liking.. I'm pretty sure I used maybe 1 3/4 cups of milk)
1 egg

+ oil for cooking.
 
1. Mix all flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, beat egg and add milk, vanilla and oil.
3. Make a well in your dry ingredients and pour your milk mixture.
4. Stir until all well combined.
5. Heat a nonstick skillet. Add a tsp of oil and coat the pan. Add approximately 2/3 cup of batter per pancake. Cook until surface is filled with little bubbles. Flip and wait until golden.

This recipe should yield 6 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment