Monday 8 October 2012

zombified blueberry muffins

October only means one thing to our kid mind: HALLOWEEN. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but I have to admit that I love The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror. I caught yesterday's episode thanks to my game "Tapped Out" that kept me posted on when the next episode was coming up! Haha, advertisement at its best! Anyhow, I did not intend for my muffins to turn out this way... They looked terrible out of the oven... You can judge for yourself with the picture below!

muffin invasion!!

What happened? Halloween, that's what happened. Well actually not really. I forgot to add sugar to my batter... and added it at the end. The result was pretty ugly, and such a hassle to clean my poor muffin pan. However, I have to admit that the muffin itself tastes good. It's sweet and the top, since it had sugar added in last, has this nice glazed look and this crispy texture! It turned out to be a pretty good surprise!

flattened crispy muffin top

I don't quite have the time to post the updated version of this recipe as I made many changes (substituted butter for oil and applesauce and some other little tweaks), but you can find the recipe over here.

Anyhow, midterms are approaching and so is work. My posts might slow down a little (laziness has already started to creep in)! I won't have time to document everything I bake.. but I will do my best to do so! :) Before I turn into a zombie myself with work and study overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment