Saturday 20 October 2012

chocolate chip marshmallow cookies

Aside from all the scary Halloween stuff, this period of time reminds of me candies and chocolate (and everything sweet!). Post midterm deserves some more baking time! :) Especially with work coming up!! This time, I decided to make a different type of chocolate chip cookie.

the cookie that wished it could be s'more

I originally intended on making s'mores like cookies, but unfortunately I did not have any graham cookies on hand. So I had to settle with these cookies. They turned out alright. They are sweet, but personally, I don't think I'll bake with marshmallows anymore. Marshmallows are meant to be used for s'mores or rice krispies and not cookies. 

It's funny how these cookies turned out though. Wherever there was a marshmallow, there's a whole as it shrunk after baking. You can see it in the picture below. (Thank you to my awesome assistant who sacrificed herself to bite into the cookie for my picture :)


Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies loosely adapted from Food.com
Yields 2 dozens
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows

1. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
2. Add in one egg at a time until well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, sift baking soda, flour and salt together.
4. Gradually add in flour mixture into wet ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chip and marshmallows.
6. Refrigerate for an hour or until dough is chilled.
7. Preheat oven at 350F.
8. Roll dough into balls and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
9. Serve with a tall glass of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment