|spiced applesauce muffins|
Something about the mix of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger that reminds me of Fall. Unfortunately, I dont have any nutmeg (yet) in my pantry. So thank goodness that Cars made extra! And I'm still holding her tupperware hostage.
These muffins turned out to be really nice. Although there is quite a bit of applesauce that kept them very wet, even a little sticky. I'm not quite sure if it's underbaked a little or if it's the just the texture of the applesauce. As for the taste, it's sweet enough and I'm loving the spices. Great breakfast or light snack!
Pumpkin Spiced Applesauce Muffins adapted from smitten kitchen
Yields 15 muffins
1 1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and spice in a bowl.
2. With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Add in one egg at a time and alternate with applesauce.
4. Slowly incorporate flour mixture until well combined.
5. Preheat oven at 350F and line muffin pan.
6. Pour in batter and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Enjoy freshly baked muffins :)