|chewy oatmeal cookies fresh out of the oven|
Chewy cranberry oatmeal cookies
Adapted from smitten kitchen
Yields roughly 20 cookies or so
3/4 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 2/3 cup rolled oats (old fashioned, "gros flocons")
3/4 cup dried cranberry or any other type of dried fruits cut into small chunks
1. Cream butter, egg and sugar together (if you're using liquid vanilla extra add here)
2. Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract (if dry)
3. Add dry ingredients to your wet mixture.
4. Stir in rolled oats and dried cranberry.
5. Once all ingredients are well incorporated, set dough aside in the fridge for around an hour, or until it is chilled. This step makes it so much easier to form your cookies.
6. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes depending on your oven and the size of your cookies. I made them roughly the 3/4 the size of a golf ball.
7. Enjoy and share with friends :) This makes a great study treat!