Monday 9 September 2013

chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

9/13/13- Updated with recipe- Welcome to the life of a stress baker. Only a few hours away till Day 1 of 3 of this dreadful exam! Clearly, they had to make accountants face some kind of mental trauma before getting those two letters after our names. Anyhow, I decided to make oatmeal cookies to keep myself busy during these hours :)


I'm extremely lazy to post the recipe... maybe in 3 days I'll come around updating it!

Thank you to my beautiful hand model ;)

9/13/13 - Happy Friday the 13th :) This was my staple UFE breakfast where I would put one in my oatmeal! Early sweet kick to get ready for 5~4 hour exams! Officially on vacation until the end of September when it's back to work!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup margarine (the original recipe calls for unsalted butter, but my substitute was just fine)
1/2 cup caster sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups old fashioned/rolled oats
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (or with an extra 1/2 cup if you want some more sweetness)

1. Cream margarine, sugars and vanilla until fluffy, roughly 2 minutes depending on your electrical mixer.
2. Beat in one egg at a time until well incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Mix in flour mixture into wet ingredients. Stir in oats and then chocolate chip. At this point, if the dough is too sticky, you can choose to refrigerate until it is cold enough so that it is easily spooned out on the baking sheet. I did this for roughly half an hour and it was significantly easier for me to place them on the sheet without sticking too much.
5. Preheat oven at 350F.
6. Roll dough into whichever size you prefer, I used roughly a tablespoon per cookie that were spread out with 2 inches between each cookies.
7. Bake for 12~16 minutes or until golden depending on your oven.
8. Once cool, break a cookie in half and share with a friend, or not :)

1 comment: