|festive looking mini cupcakes|
|the cupcakes, looking pretty regular sized|
From two peas and their pod
Yields roughly 48 minicupcakes
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla (I used powdered vanilla, if you are using liquid, please add this to your butter).
4. Add eggs one at a time in butter and sugar mixture as well as milk and maple syrup.
5. Once all well combined, add dry ingredients in four parts until well mixed.
6. Line 2 mini cupcake pans and fill with the batter.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven (or until nice and golden edges form)
8. Next step is completely optional: once cupcakes are fully cooled, ice generously with cream cheese icing and place mini marshmallow halves to form a flower.
9. Highly recommended: devour with a nice tall glass of milk with family and friends :)
2013, that's a wrap!